Monday, August 26, 2013

Holidays

 I love that I'm home to observe the biggest holiday of the year besides New Years, the birthday of Ukraine and the liberation of Kharkov from the Nazis, back to back. I'm not sure which one is a bigger victory in the scale of history. But now Ukraine is officially twenty-two years old!!! That is incredible. To celebrate, we went to watch our team the Metalists play at the stadium downtown. I felt a little like a tourist, returning home to find that everyone had an official league Metalist jersey except, well... me. That's okay. I have a bumper sticker for the Metalists on my car in the USA to keep up the fan pride. Especially now that my brother Steven is a star player on the Metalist league team! In their last game, he scored 4 out of the 6 goals. I was thrilled to watch him play so well and I got to mess around with my action settings on my camera! They didn't turn out that great, so I have to keep working on them. Next week is labor day for the United States, which is a silly holiday to me, the end of the summer. Here, autumn is already full in the air and winter is just a few weeks away. I cannot wait for my favorite season! Happy Birthday, Ukraine. I'm glad the Metalists won to make the day just a little bit sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment