Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27, 2011


~SPRING BREAK~
The picture is of my first day of spring break, with my grandparents at the Tucson Airport, where they flew me in to spend the holidays with family.

In retrospect, a very hard year still yields evidence of God's goodness, for which I have to be thankful. Last March, I was sick, frightened, and hospitalized in just the beginning of a rollercoaster of horror. A year later, the world looks different.


Last spring break, my mom and my baby brother Kendon flew from Ukraine to be with me in the hosptial. A year later... they're back again, and we're hanging out in the endless space of The SouthWest with nothing more pressing than fitting in all the laughter.


Although life isn't perfect, there is a sharp contrast between this spring break and last. And I just wanted to say that it's pretty incredible to me right now.





1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the smile on your face, as Grandma's and Grandpa's and the background is amazingly southwestern!
    I can not thank God enough that when the doctors, with all their wisdom (how small that wisdom is) could not take care of your need, God did without their help and used the illness to refine you as he does with silver, in removing dross thru the flames. It is very encouraging, because God does not refine silver in which he does not intend to use as pure vessels for his future use. He has a purpose for you, and he is refining you in the fires of tusting Him by faith when there is no glimmer of light at the end of the path. That is when faith will either flee or fuse. I believe your faith has fused to the one you trust. I look to see Him use you as a chosen vessel!

    ReplyDelete