Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8th, 2011

Hey everyone!!!
I miss having lots of time to think of my blog posts, but now that I'm back at school and working fulltime, they are coming in soundbite form. =) God has been very good to me, although every day has had its own share of hardships and difficulties. I am grateful for my family's enduring support and very touched by the warm welcome of my many friends here in Oklahoma City.
Since returning to Panera Bread, I have brushed up on the new celebration items on our menu and taken back my training position. Oh, the fun stories I could write about my trainees. They try my patience, my temperance, and my longsuffering. But they also make me smile and laugh. Working with people - coworkers as well as customers - is a never-ending challenge!
I'm registered at college for this semester. I posted on Facebook my one huge blessing - someone anonymously put 100$ down for my initial downpayment!! What a surprise and blessing. I am thankful to God that he knows how to give good gifts to his children, indeed. =) [Matt 7:11]
The sermons at church have been a big encouragement to me since I've returned, as God prepares my heart for every challenge that he sends my way. Amen. =)
I appreciate all the prayers sent my way... they are not taken for granted. I really, sincerely appreciate them!!!
The weather in Oklahoma has been very interesting. The temperature has swung from sunny 70's to overcast 30's... but it doesn't feel like winter in any case. I miss the snow! =/ The dorms are decorated with soft white Christmas lights all over the lobby and yet... there is no snow... it is very strange. =P
This coming week starts the Annual National Home Missions & Church Planting Conference at Heartland Baptist Bible College. I am excited to hear the preaching and see the Lord work! And hopefully, I will get to see a very dear Pastor and wife of one of my family's supporting churches. Last year they took my sister and I out to IHOP and Starbucks. =))) Haha okay... I'm happy to see them for other reasons besides great food and fellowship. =P It is so nice to have friends around the world and reunite =) God is so good and I am looking forward to the big reunion in Heaven someday!! No more time differences and mile distances and saying goodbyes. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment