Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011


In the highly-interesting, millenia-old book of Ecclesiastes, an ancient king pondered the course of time in all its active beauty. Inspired by the Creator Himself, the words were recorded, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... He hath made everything beautiful in his time." Among the list of shifting eras, three were noted: "A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Many months have passed since my last blog post. Chance as it seemed, when blogger (again!) refused to publish my whimsical ramblings, I know that it was God's purpose for this time of quiet.
Ironically enough, I moved my blog from the pages of Memories of an MK to this chronicle, A Story Unpublished, almost this exact time last year. I was preparing to embark on a new journey, to fly to an unknown college in an unfamiliar state, miles away from all things dear and familiar.
How clearly I remember the challenge, the fear, the anticipation.
Now, a year later, it is curious to look back and see how God has worked. Oklahoma City no longer feels so alien and vast to me, even if it is still very unknown. Maybe someday it will feel more a part of me, but for now, it definitely is a chapter in my life's story. In the place of great void, I now have bright warmth that represent the friends made, experience won, history written.
I am looking forward to going back to OKC, but my time home in Kharkov has been an unspeakable blessing.
Once again, I find my life shifting gears, shifting "seasons," and God opened up the opportunity for me to renew this blog. Just in time for the holiday nostalgia!
I hope that my readers are still out there somewhere =)
It is a prayer that my blog will be a blessing, and my story, unpublished and unperfected as it may be, will reflect the glory of God. He has grown impossibly dear to me in these months of quiet, and for that, I am most thankful of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment